While the construction contract is always directly between the Owner and the Contractor, the Architect can assist both parties making site visits to observe the construction making sure that the project is being built according to the plans and specifications, reviewing submittals, resolving unforeseen issues or those brought up by inspection agencies, etc..
A kickoff meeting to help parties achieve a mutual understanding and clarify communication channels and responsibilities. Usually attended by Architects, Contractor, major subcontractors, owner, testing agencies, material suppliers, special inspection agencies, engineering consultants, etc.
- Review of contractor pay requests
- Review of substitutions
- Response to RFI (Request For Information)
- Preparation of change orders
- Shop drawings review
- Construction observation
- Testing and inspection review
- Guarantees and warranties
- Final punch list
- Job close-out
- LEED documentation and process