The last original structure remaining from the Santa Clara County Hospital, constructed in 1917, this thrice expanded single story structure is proposed to house several children and adult out-patient abuse clinics.
An "H" shaped plan, the center connecting element, composed of historic fenestration salvaged from other historic buildings long since demolished, will act as an entry gallery displaying historical medical artifacts. Complete rehab will include new foundations, new roofing, complete interior replacement and new MEP. Historic skylights saved from other buildings will be reused. Cost estimated at $1,850,000 (2000); County of Santa Clara, Valley Medical Center.